Avalon Document Services and its subsidiaries are committed to maintaining the privacy, security, and accuracy of your personal information. As a result, Avalon has developed this policy to inform you of the steps it has taken to protect your privacy. In addition, Avalon and its Team Members also adhere to strict internal information security policies and procedures to safeguard your information.
This policy covers the following information that may be collected by various means:
- Website interaction
- Email, SMS or other electronic messaging between you and Avalon team members.
- Marketing emails outside of the scope of your project
- Mobile and desktop applications acquired through services provided by Avalon
Because Avalon respects your right to privacy, it has implemented these privacy practices set forth below in the provision of its services, products, and website.
Avalon’s Security Council is responsible for coordinating and overseeing Avalon-wide compliance with this policy. The Security Council is comprised of Avalon’s Executive Leadership Team. The Security Council works closely with the Leadership Team, comprised of managers and staff, to secure information, enforce established policies, identify areas of concern, and implement appropriate changes as needed.
Avalon may collect information by which you are personally identified, such as the following: Name, address, phone numbers, email address, bank account information, credit card number, tax identification number, and contact details. In addition, Avalon may obtain your second-level domain information and IP addresses.
Other non-identifiable information could be collected, such as demographic data, internet connection information or method used for website and/or service access. The specific types of personal information collected from you is dependent on the services or products you select.
Information may be collected via the following means:
- Through direct communication with a team member
- Automatically as you interact with the Avalon website and/or services, including subscription services and cookies, web beacons and other types of tracking technology.
- From third parties or other business partners
Information You Provide to Us
Information provided to us may include the following:
- Form filled information through our website. This includes information provided by contacting a team member through our submission forms, posting a comment or responding to marketing materials.
- Correspondence through direct communication (including email addresses), should you contact a team member directly
- Information provided for the purpose of profiling prospective team members and customers
- Subscription to any mailing list, marketing or otherwise
- Research or marketing survey responses
Usage of Information
Avalon may use your personal information as follows:
- to provide you with products, services and any renewals thereof;
- to provide you with support and maintenance for products/services;
- to inform you of any new or updated services or product offerings;
- to bill you for products and services;
- to notify you of any changes to your use of our website, products, or services;
- to analyze the use of our website to improve its layout and services;
- to respond to your inquiries; and
- to comply with applicable law and law enforcement authorities.
Avalon does not sell or disclose personally identifiable information to third parties, except where necessary in order to fulfill a specific request from an individual, and in that instance, would not disclose personally identifiable information for any unrelated purposes..
Correcting and Disclosing Information
If you wish to correct any information provided to us, please contact the relevant party that provided access to the service that you wish to correct. We reserve our rights to not accommodate a request if doing so would create false information or violate any laws or legal requirements.
You may opt out of having your personal information disclosed to a third party or used for a purpose inconsistent with the purpose it was originally collected or authorized by you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to change your preference. For sensitive personal information, Avalon requires an affirmative, explicit (opt in) decision by you if your sensitive personal information is to be disclosed to a third party or used for a purpose inconsistent with the original purpose or authorized by you.
If you receive material from our partners or other third parties, and no longer wish to receive such material, you must opt-out directly with that party.
It is important to note that you may not opt out of receiving materials that would detrimentally affect the use, security, or accuracy of our services. Such materials may include critical security notices, product updates and service and product expiration dates.
At any time, you may have access to your personal information by sending a request to the relevant party that provided access, for any reason, including without limitation reviewing, correcting, deleting inaccuracies or updating such information. Avalon will verify your identity before processing any requests.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties. We may disclose personal information to comply with legal processes, laws or court orders, including regulatory requests
Automatic Data Collection
Interaction with any of our provided services could result in collection of information about your equipment, browsing habits and patterns, including the following:
- Traffic data, logs, location information, and other resources used on our website
- Your internet connection information, including IP address, browser and operating system
This information may be used over time to assess your overall behavior when using our services.
This information is statistical data, however it may contain personal information, which could be associated with information collected by us in other ways. We use this information to improve our website and services and provide a more personalized service.
Data collection methods may include:
- Cookies (browser cookies). Cookies are small files located on your computer. You may use your browser settings to deny cookie access, however some parts of our services may be unavailable.
- Web Beacons. Some pages on our web site may contain small tokens known as web beacons that allow actions such as counting page visits or email views.
Avalon takes reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please note that transmitting any information involves the inherent risk of theft and unauthorized use.
Avalon has implemented reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used and that it is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete, and current.
All information is safely stored on secured servers protected by firewalls.
We are not responsible for circumvention of any security measures or privacy settings contained in any of our services.