Chief Executive Officer | firstname.lastname@example.org
JP Midgley, the chief executive officer (CEO) of Avalon, started in an entry-level position with the company in 2004 and became the director of client services within six months. In 2005, he launched Avalon’s Document Imaging Division and, in 2006, the eDiscovery Division. In 2008, he opened Avalon’s Buffalo office and became the location’s managing partner. In 2011, JP purchased Avalon with his partner, Shawn Thrall, and became Avalon’s CEO.
JP has been the primary driver of business growth at Avalon in the last 12 years, growing the company from 26 employees in two cities in 2004, to more than 150 employees in nine cities across five states today.
JP has years of experience in sales, marketing, operations, financial management, and growth leadership. With over 10 years of experience in the eDiscovery field, JP is known nationwide for his expertise in the field. He has created internal leadership development programs at Avalon to promote continuous learning. For a number of years, he has also been a guest lecturer each semester for the University at Buffalo’s Jacobs School of Management computer forensics course.
Additionally, JP is very involved in the business community as a board member for private companies and a mentor to businesses through the University at Buffalo’s Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership program. He is also on the board of directors for the Western New York Chapter of Entrepreneurs’ Organization and the Buffalo Executives Association. JP has presented at the following continuing legal education seminars:
- “E-Discovery 101”
- “E-Discovery; The Nuts and Bolts and Ethics of it All”
- “Electronic Discovery & Technology for the Ethical Lawyer: Exploring Metadata, Demands, Cloud Computing, Social Media, and the Ethical Issues Surrounding it All”
Achievements and awards:
- 2015 Buffalo Business First 40 Under 40 recipient
- 2015 American Cancer Society Voice of Hope recipient
- 2012 Buffalo Executives Association Bird Dog Award
- 2007 Central New York Sales and Marketing Executives Sales and Marketing Excellence Award
- Avalon – Nine-time Inc. 5000 honoree
- Avalon – Eight-time Buffalo Fast Track recipient
- Avalon – Five-time Western New York Top Private Companies honoree